Ok since I seem to be a dud at getting posts in here I am thinking it might be easier if I just shoot for once a month and see what happens. Maybe that will get me on a roll. LOL! So mothers day came and went. We were at the cabin as I said before. It was very nice but not relaxing. Matthew worked on the siding that was removed and needing to be replaced. I did most of the deep spring cleaning which included washing the ceilings and walls and dusting, mopping and the such. I was sore and tired. Matthew put some steps on one end of the deck so it is a little more completed but still needs the other side and a railing of some sort. I will take pics when he is finished.
After that we came home to do school and prepare for small group. It was very busy that week! I worked a few times in there and then we packed it up and went back to the cabin to finish out the month.
Our annual fishing trip!!! This is the second year that Matthew has invited Joe Culver to come up with us for the Walleye jamboree, though smaller than it has been in the passed due to lack of advanced planning it was still fun. The fishing was good though not many keepers were to be found. Andrea suprised us all when she won first place for the kids by catching three fairly large Walleye! The largest in at 23 inches. She won a really pretty pink fishing pole that has a light up reel. It is very cool and high quality so she will be able to fish with it for a long time. Joe caught six keepers. Matthew caught no keepers and Kayla caught no keepers but they all caught ALOT of fish. Matthew said they were biting constantly so it was fun fishing.
As for me and the kids we mostly swam and played out doors. It was in the 80s all week and so it was perfection. God sure gave us awesome weather for our trip...oh yeah and He cleared out the bugs for us!!! :) woo hoo! No black flies this time and the mosquitoes were not really a bother either.
Home again and our big news for the begining of June is that we finally have a closing date. We will close on our new house the 30th of June. We are very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment