Monday, June 7, 2010

Father Daughter banquet

Well Saturday was the day of parties. Matthew had a board meeting in the morning just after work so while he was doing business I was getting girls all prettied up for their "date" with dad. Friday night after work we had gone out shopping for new dresses (pay day you know) and I was so blessed to find them on the sale rack for only 5 dollars apiece! The shoes for Alexis cost more than her dress did. LOL! When Matthew was finished with his meeting we took some pictures in the yard and then they went on their merry way and had a fabulous time! They got "glass slippers" filled with candy, and told of the story that the speaker had given about  a man with four daughters that had dreamed of four sons and found that he is totally in love with his dancing, twirling, singing little darlings. They were impacted enough by it that they remembered it enough to tell me. They did nice pictures at the party and the girls twirled and danced and laughed as they told of how much fun they had had. I was so encouraged and touched by the love and fun that they all had together...

Back at home Z and I played on the trampoline and watched our contacerous sqirrels fight in the yard (very amusing). They have been quite snippy with each other all week. After a while we came in for lunch. I got applesauce thrown at me and hot dogs flung on the floor. It was perfect. And then there was naps and graduation parties...we were very well fed that day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment