Thursday, August 26, 2010

July/August update

Wow! I am a pathetic blogger! Ok well if I must try I think I can manage to remember some of the month of July. We started it off the same way we have started the last three July's and that is with Alexis' birthday! She is now Three years old and is so much fun and has so much personality. We travelled on her birthday this year to the cabin so we made it special by having her birthday party at breakfast and then stopping at Mcdonalds for lunch (normally I throw sandwiches at them while we drive) That trip we shared with friends from our church,Tim and Laura Bedell and kids (5). I  do not recall other than parades going and doing anything out of the ordinary...



We then came home for the rest of July to move into our new house. It is a little crowded with stuff at the moment that we are still trying to find a place for or unpack because frankly we were not very organized and have taken our sweet time until this week. We have been sleeping and "in" our house since the 19th of July so that is part of why I was MIA for so long. No internet access until the first friday in August and then we went up to the cabin right away. Anywho, It has been an overly busy and tiring two months. We were at the cabin the second week in August with my family. It was as always a fun time and we even checked out some waterfalls.



Then we came home so that Matthew could work...and I mean work pretty much the whole time! I was so grateful at that point that we were in the new house because some of the shifts were pagers that he was able to come home and be with us between calls. It helps too when he works with his good buddy Joe and they can come hang out even on duty truck.
The last trip to the cabin was with my cousin Jake and his wife and kids. We also did a water fall but it rained a lot during the time that we were up there, and the kids (I think because of the rain keeping them inside) did not get along terribly well. Here is a few pics from the waterfall trip we took.

The gang; Rylie, Andrea, Sierra, Carrie&Hunter, Jake and Jalyn, and Kayla is in there somewhere

We took a few family photos of other people so one of them was nice enough to take one of all of us. The older girls look just thrilled don't they!
Alexis humoring me and "smiling" for the camera

My guys! All smiles in the great out of doors

Ok had to put in two because those boys are just too cute!

Well I am playing with the video camera so if I can figure out how to post videos then I will post some of the fun that the kids have had this summer. Love to all!

1 comment: