School has officially started here. Ah the smell of freshly sharpened pencils and crying children...Well our first full week has been interesting. Kayla is in kindergarten and is learning to read. She is ofcourse having to adjust to a real schedule and that is not going over very well, as she is our child that doesn't like to work. Andrea on the other hand seems to be intrigued with all the new things she is learning and enjoying the new level of difficulty. She was funny and asked if she could do something harder. I told her we would complete this book first and then move on...since my books still have not been shipped!!! Irritating to say the least. Alexis has not learned how to amuse herself yet since she is used to having sisters to entertain her, and Zachary is just as content and happy as ever. I think that though our first week of lessons has not gone as well as I had hoped but better than it could have that I am over all very pleased. My biggest problem is staying on task and doing school at the same time everyday. *sigh* I have issues with self scheduling and have unfortunately passed that on to my poor Kayla. It gets done and they are learning daily but I think we would be more productive if we were more on the schedule that I set out to do...maybe I should be making charts and such instead of blogging :)
Ok well that is the update...here is a picture of Z playing in his excersaucer.
Hey Sara, Cute picture of Z! Isn't homeschooling is about teaching your child real life skills, rather than just "doing school"? I suspect that the toughest thing to learn is time management, and you're all working on it so.... I think it sounds like you're doing great! :)
ReplyDeleteBecky (AKA: "THE-off-track-queen")
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete"doing school" is a portion of their life skills training. I am so glad that homeschooling allows me to have more time daily with my children to teach them other life skills but doing school is a very important part of our day here and I want them to have the organized sit down time of one on one interaction. So far so good. We just came off of our Christmas break which was longer than I meant for it to be due to illness here at the house. I think we have fallen into a very nice routine and am pleased with the progress. Andrea will be moving into 2nd grade shortly and I am so excited for that.Kayla is having a great time learning and Kindergarten is easy to her. I am not pushing her as quickly because she needs the daily interaction and loves all the projects. She is much more of a hands on learner. Alexis and Z are a little more self occupied so the older girls find it easier to comply with taking turns caring for the little ones while I teach...how is your schooling going for the year? I hope that it is going as well as I have found ours to be going...it is nice when things run smoothly :)
ReplyDelete