Here it is our living/dining/kitchen
The kids room :)
and a poor picture of my view out the front...I will see if I can do better next trip haha!
When we arrived we did the normal unpack and let the kids run like crazy people before bed thing which worked out good until evening when the great decision of who goes fishing with dad first. The winner was Alexis! She came back all smiles as she quietly told us of the CAT fish that they caught. Now I have never seen a catfish in real life before and I have to say Those are some U-G-L-Y looking fish hahaha! Obviously I took pictures. Each kid (except the baby, poor Kendra!) got their turn fishing with dad. Kayla noticed a rubber rat in the boat and asked if that was catfish bait...hehe goofy girl! I love that! I am so thankful for a husband that desires to spend quality time with his kids.
Of course mom has to have something special too so I started ladder ball (hillbilly golf to some) tournaments with the kids (sorry no pics of that I was busy wooping everyone haha.) Even Kendra can throw the balls onto the ladders. SOOO CUTE! We all perfected our "oh yeah" dances as we got better and better at the game. There was however a debate over who won the game between Matthew and I. I say I did. He says he did. We played three games and I won two, however, he won the final one. Hmmmmm!!!!! Apparently that makes him the "champion" because we all know that whomever wins last is the reigning champion right? WRONG! :D, I say I win, because everyone knows that in order to be in the championship you have to EARN your way there by winning a set number of games and proving that you are a worthy competitor ;) so therefore the best out three means round one is MINE! hahaha OK so this obviously is very important and the discussion will continue as the summer goes on.
Oh yes lets not forget that Matthew and Alexis celebrated their birthdays on this trip as well so now Matthew is a young 34 and Alexis is a very OLD girl the age of 5.
As you can see, it was very eventful trip. So event-filled that much of it has flown from my memory. Kayla and I did make Matthew birthday cake, lemon cake with lemon frosting. We spread the celebration out a little and had his birthday breakfast the day after his birthday and waited to take him to ice-cream until the wind picked up and it was impossible to get on the lake to fish a couple days later. I am constantly amazed at how windy it can get up there and yet what a blessing it is because the cabin does not ventilate well without it. Alexis celebrated her birthday in the van on the way home. We had pizza in the park and then drove through McDonalds to get her and only her a birthday shake. This brought MANY grumbles from the back but hey a girl has to have something special on her birthday if she is to spend it in a van that is 96*...but that is jumping ahead to the end of our trip so lets back it up again :)
In the UP you never know what type of weather you will get so I am pleased to say it was beautiful!!!! I could not have asked for nicer days and cool evenings. Though it was breezy and didn't allow for much fishing after the first few days it was a balmy 80* most days and sunny. We swam and swam and swam some more. Each night our tub looked like we brought the beach back with us and it was a fabulous problem!
The problem with five crazy kids....is no one ever looks at the camera all at the same time. Out of ten pictures in a row these are the two that turned out the best hahahahaha!
Then there was the lounging...
We did take time out of our extremely busy schedules to go sight seeing. We went to http://www.exploringthenorth.com/seulchoix/seul.html this light house and took in all the history and sights surrounding it. I even got my customary coffee mug to prove that we were there and remind me in the mornings of places we have been ;) fun little habit huh. We enjoyed the private beach that we walked down to and were rewarded later with poison ivy from our hike, but what can I say...some things just must be explored.
All the white looking shells there...Zebra mussels! they were at least a foot deep! The kids kept pocket fulls much to the washing machines delight.
Matthew and I tried to do more work on our new pole barn but we didn't have the proper tools so that project will have to wait. We also did some more improvements in decor. Put in a new tv that takes up less space and put a dresser in place of the open shelving so that we can have movies out of sight and out of mind. And last but certainly not least we replaced the stove...It looks much larger and much cleaner in there now! We also put in a wireless weather station so that we know exactly how hot it is inside and outside of the cabin. A blessing and a curse??? Then we know how miserable we should be if it is hot hahahaha! JK! It is pretty great to have and helpful since it tells the forecast for the day too. Then we know if we should stick around the lake or go to one of the big lakes ;)
I am missing all kinds of great news from the trip but seriously how do you write every wonderful detail right...We had a really great time as always despite our lower penninsula stresses following us up this time. Our life is blessed and we are thankful. Peace to you all as we are off on our next adventure in a few days and I have packing to do. <3
Well, happy birthday to Matthew and Alexis!!!!! Looks like you guys had a great time! Someday we will come see your cabin in person... :)
ReplyDeleteYes you must come!
DeleteWow. What a trip! That bathroom stop sounds...fun. : )
ReplyDeleteZ... I don't know what to say. Well, with cammo, Spider Man, and goggles, you've got it covered!
CUTE kid group pictures! You have a lot of beautiful pictures there, Sara. Looks like it was a great time with great memories made.
Happy birthday to both of you too! I can't believe Alexis is FIVE!
Becky
bathrooms on the road are always an adventure!
DeleteWe love all the fun photo oportunities. I have more to share with you tonight. :)
Thanks for the birthday wishes
sounds great. Hope you enjoy your next adventure. Your family is so adorable and I love to hear from you.
ReplyDeletenancy hopkins
Came to write up my next adventure for you to enjoy :) I miss talking to you my dear friend!
DeleteSounds like you all had a good time! I love seeing all the pics! Thanks for the post!!
ReplyDeleteMore pics to come!
Delete