sharing our days. Sharing my thoughts. Sharing life and all its wonderfully flawed moments.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Eye doctor
About a month ago during safety class at our lighthouse homeschool group Andrea's class had an eye doctor come and give a talk and show the kids what an eye appointment was like and why they were important. It was brought to our attention that Andrea had a hard time seeing far away. She had never mentioned anything so I was sort of taken aback today when the eye doctor that we saw said that she was very near sighted. I actually cried because I felt that she had missed out on so much beauty in life. After the doctor comforted me by telling me that there was no harm done and that her world would now become so much more detailed and exciting to her, we went through the fun task of finding frames! There was so much laughter that I am not sure if we were appreciated much but we made something that could have been a bummer into an adventure. I really hope that she loves her new glasses and that she has fun showing them off to her friends. Kids can be cruel so I made sure that they were pretty and made her feel pretty. I remember being about her age and a daughter of one of my mom's best friends had glasses and braces. I was SOOOO jealous and wanted both super bad. Looking back I know now that it was not those items that made Katie cool it was the fact that she was confident in the fact that she was loved. As and adult with kids that need braces and glasses I see now the benefit in teaching the girls same confidence. To teach them that they are loved and that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. Just as my mother taught me over and over and over again. Today could have been very difficult but hopefully we have been able to bring an anticipation to Andrea, not only for her to see better but to also know that she is loved...always loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww we cant wait to see them!!! She is a beautiful young lady with or with out glasses! It was very hard on Makayla getting them and then poor Makenna cried bc she didnt get them :( Tell her we are excitied and cant wait to see her beautiful new look!
ReplyDeleteThis is reallycool by the way didnt know you had it!!
love
peggy
:) it can be a tough change for some. I certainly am not thrilled about mine lol! I have not been an avid blotter but I desire to start being one
Delete