So this month has brought several changes to our lives. School has started and yet again I am still doing an impromptu study with the kids due to not having all my curriculum yet. I am almost there but it is coming together slowly. I have been utilizing the new library here alot and they have a great selection of easy readers. We also went to the cabin for Matthew's bear hunt. It was a long time without him and not having anyother adult company but the kids and I did alot of science work and some reading and math as well as field trips. We went to seney wildlife reserve for our "fur/hair analysis" since we are studying life science on animals right now. We had a great time exploring the different types of pelts that they had. I found a few great books for them as well so they had great fun reading about how awesome God is and what He did that made each animal a special creature. We also went to the Zoo and had a great time there as well. The Oswalde Bear ranch was a favorite as well since "dad" was gone all week and he got to come with us and see the bears as well. Overall it was a fun trip and we all had a good time...even the bears...yup you guessed it they only came to get the bait after dark so poor Matthew didn't get one this time. We go back in October for a last ditch effort to get him one.
We are finally done moving all our stuff over and had our garage sale. It was very successful though I wish we had had less to donate in the end. We did however get rid of tons and tons of stuff! It will afford us our curtains finally! and a closet unit and a closet door that will allow us to access a storage area that we were unable to get to before. So, hopefully we will have the house in tip top shape by the holidays and the new baby.
We did pick a name BUT we are not announcing it until she is born. We have not even told the kids yet. They are persistant and continue to ask what we are naming her....
Um....yeah I think that is it for now. I will upload some pics and video later. Good night everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment