sharing our days. Sharing my thoughts. Sharing life and all its wonderfully flawed moments.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Alone with kids???
Is that supposed to be a joke? or is it that people really think that you are alone when you have small children? I am never alone. I lock the door to the bathroom and then feel bad so I unlock it thinking that if they need something then they can get to me but what happens is someone comes in to ask where something is that I don't have a clue about and then another little person comes in to tattle tale on another one and then inevitably my shower which is supposed to be a peaceful, relaxing start to a day turns into a stressfilled public display...When I finally do get out of the shower the bathroom normally has a trail of bathroom products that Alexis has gotten out. She smells like raspberry shampoo since she thinks it is to be worn like lotion and the toilet paper may be trailing out of the room...that is on the days that I forget to put everything in the bath tub before I get in the shower. IF I remember then it is a trail of toys ... Ahhh the sweet pleasures of motherhood. I am not complaining really because I know that all too soon the pitter patter of little feet will not be running in to get me. In fact it will be my clomp clomping that will be following them and asking if they need something or trying to be a part of their lives as they get too old for ole mom to get them a drink of water, or read them a story. I cherish these moments really because though stressful sometimes they are fleeting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment